1 Jan 2014

Reflection


Dear 2013,

You have been a funny year to me, you started off wonderfully and I was probably the happiest I've ever been. I realised how lucky I was, I was making time to do nice things and was very content with life. July treated me well, it was the best month by far this year with my 18th, a surprise weekend away in the Lake District with Lee and getting to live with him for 11 days whilst my mam was on holiday. I feel like I had one of the best summers this year spent with my friends and Lee doing lots of fun things and totally relaxing. July onwards was a very bitter sweet time, August kicked off with a girl's holiday to Kavos followed by a week in Dubai at the start of September and then straight after that freshers began and I started university at Sunderland studying psychology which was all very enjoyable and I have met some really great friends. However, after July mine and Lee's relationship took a turn for the worst and we really did have an awful few month at the end of this year so that was always getting me really down behind all of the fun and partying. It brought me back down to earth, realising that I was living in a perfect little bubble completely oblivious to the fact that things could go wrong. I think it has definitely taught us that being without each other is a huge struggle and I'm happy to have him back in my life for us to bring in 2014 with a fresh start in mind. Looking back at my reflection post from this time last year I have realised I haven't actually accomplished much at all. Yes, I passed my A levels but I could've done better. It's a little disappointing having not been able to tick off the majority of last year's  New Years resolutions but I know that I was busy having fun instead which in my opinion, is equally important.

Saying that, although I was tempted to skip the whole New Years resolutions thing this year following my failure last year I have decided that most of all, I want to be more self motivated this year. More motivated to succeed at University rather than just settling for average, more motivated to get out of bed and do something decent with my day and more motivated to try new things. As well as this, I may as well carry over some of my goals from last year; pass my driving test, learn to cook, do lots of fun things such as travelling and finding nice things to do nearby (as much as money allows me too any ways), do one or more charity events, finally find a job or start volunteering, add some finishing touches to my bedroom and most importantly, document 2014 with words and lots of photographs. 

2013, you have taught me that, as selfish as it sounds, focussing on my own happiness is most important. You have also made me realise that I have some pretty amazing friends and that life is unpredictable and things can change within moments, therefore nothing should be taken for granted. Happy new year everyone, I hope 2014 is good to you.

Rachael x

1 comment :

  1. Hey great weblog, just looking about some blogs, appears a pretty nice platform youre making use of. Im currently using Wordpress for a couple of of my web sites but looking to change 1 of them more than to a platform comparable to yours as being a trial run. Anything in specific youd recommend about it?
    jeux de mario

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments.