Wishing every one of my lovely readers a happy, healthy new year! After last night's plans of going to see a firework display went to pot me and my friends were plan-less and who wants to be plan-less on new year. However, a friend of mine and Lee's came to the rescue with a small house party and it was a great night. I hope you enjoyed your celebrations. I thought I'd do a bit of reflecting and future goal making, as you do at this time of year.
2012, you came and went so fast but thank you for being good to me... My 17th birthday. Learning to drive, passing my theory test. Receiving AS grades that I was proud of. Vacating to Gran Canaria for two weeks. Experiencing my first mini adventure, just me and Lee, to Alton Towers. Finding my little place on the internet. Seeing Jessie J live. Having a go in the working world with a Christmas temp job at Next. Realising the importance of being happy and knowing how incredibly lucky I am. Another great year with the most amazing people, I feel so content. To 2013, please bring me another amazing year, lets make it memorable... My 18th. 2 years with the boy of my dreams. My first girls holiday. Passing my driving test, fingers crossed. Hopefully, becoming a uni student. Who knows what else.
As with the good old 'resolutions', I thought it might be useful to have a look back over last years goals. The one that I've surprisingly made the most progress with is the cliche 'drink more water', at the start of the year water was a no go for me, I just didn't like it - plain, colourless and boring. I don't know what happened but now, water is my friend as I will have a good few bottles a day. The whole 'always be on time' thing didn't quite work out, I have no idea what it is, I just can't get to anywhere on time. My most important aim last year was to improve my confidence and I honestly feel that a smile has managed to do that, being more happy has definitely made me more confident in myself. I'm still not the best in social situations but I can definitely feel my confidence improving.
For 2013 I would like too:
- Finish decorating my bedroom and find new make up storage, there's not much left to do, just a few finishing touches here and there and some nice storage solutions to find.
- Go to a festival.
- Go on at least 2 mini breaks with Lee, I'm thinking the Lake District and Edinburgh, or one big holiday, we're undecided. Everything is so expensive!
- Go on more walks.
- Make the most of Summer, it's gonna be a long one this year!
- Get a permanent job, or more experience at least.
- Do a charity event, probably the race for life.
- Pass my driving test, April is the aim!
- Learn to cook, I'm a big fat fail in the kitchen. A few fresh meals made successfully and I'll be happy.
- Try lots of new beauty products, I was so obsessed with using up old things in 2012 that I didn't let myself try many new products.
- Document 2013, I hate the thought of forgetting memories which make me smile, I want to take lots of photos this year and jot down my adventures in a diary. I may even join a few bloggers with writing the good times down and locking them in a jar until new year's eve 2013.
- Most importantly, continue being happy and appreciating my loved ones.